Partena - Business & Expats

→ On holiday

If you are going somewhere in Europe, ask for your EHIC card (European Health Insurance Card). If you are travelling elsewhere, we advised you of taking  a private insurance.

The EHIC card is valid in each of the 27 countries of the European Union + Iceland, Norway, Liechtenstein, Switzerland.

European Health Insurance Card

Before you leave, check that your European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) is valid. With this card, you only pay your personal contribution and not the whole amount if you go to the hospital while you are travelling abroad. This card proves that you are covered by Social Security in Belgium and it will allow you to only pay the minimum abroad or to be reimbursed on your return based on original invoices.

It is only valid for a temporary stay and each family member needs a EHIC. You can use it in the following countries:

Algeria, Andorra, Austria, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Croatia, Denmark*, Egypt, Estonia, Finland, France*, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Iceland, Italy, Kosovo, Latvia, Libya, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxemburg, Macedonia, Malta, Morocco, Monaco, Montenegro, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, San Marino, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Syria, The Czech Republic, The Netherlands*, The United Kingdom*, Tunisia, Turkey, Vatican City, Iceland, Norway, Liechtenstein, Switzerland and (to a certain extent) even in Australia.

Take advantage of free expert advice

Yes, I am interested